Int J Biol Sci 2020; 16(10):1739-1740. doi:10.7150/ijbs.45135
Tribute to health workers in China: A group of respectable population during the outbreak of the COVID-19
1. Unit of Psychiatry, Institute of Translational Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China;
2. Center for Cognition and Brain Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China;
3. Department of Nursing, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences - Peking Union Medical College, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China;
4. The National Clinical Research Center for Mental Disorders & Beijing Key Laboratory of Mental Disorders, Beijing Anding Hospital & the Advanced Innovation Center for Human Brain Protection, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China;
5. School of Nursing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China.
*These authors contributed equally to the paper.
Xiang YT, Jin Y, Wang Y, Zhang Q, Zhang L, Cheung T. Tribute to health workers in China: A group of respectable population during the outbreak of the COVID-19. Int J Biol Sci 2020; 16(10):1739-1740. doi:10.7150/ijbs.45135. Available from https://www.ijbs.com/v16p1739.htm
The health authorities reported that 3,019 Chinese health workers were infected with the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), of whom, ten died. This article explored relevant reasons and offered suggestions to reduce the risk of infection and provide emergency psychological response for this population.